Here is the end result and we hope it provides information to you and inspires the makings of your own geocache.
What you will need to paint your own Ammo Box Geocache:
- At least one ammo box (any size) - you can get them at just about any Army Surplus store.
- Cleaning materials to insure box does not have any dirt or rust.
- Primer spray paint - preferably a color that will blend to the surroundings of the hide.
- Secondary paint - (optional) - Used to two tone the geocache and help hide it in surroundings. We recommend a textured paint for added effect.
- Stencil and contrast spray paint - All geocaches need to be labeled. Using our stencil approach gives you an option for correctly marking your geocache ammo box.
Let us begin... Enjoy the tutorial.